Cloud Restore breaks site!

Issue Summary

I set up my first cloud backup to DropBox today but after my first backup/restore it broke my website.
I have a fatal error in debug.log and found a whole directory was missing from my Divi theme. I had to resort to restoring the directory from Time Machine. It’s now working but am concerned there may be other files or directories missing that I’m not aware of.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Feeling very nervous about using Cloud backups now.

Is there a simple way just to back and restore the WP database?

Thanks in advance, Nick

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    Only tried this on one site so far. Not willing to try it on another at this time.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

1. Click backup to create cloud backup of site.
  2. Select backup and click restore.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.7.0+6347

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
      macOS Big Sur 11.7.3 (20G1116)
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @nick.amis

We have a guide here on how to do manual backups with Cloud and Restic if you’d like to give this a try:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.