Connect Local to multiple WPEngine accounts (or at least switch context)

I am a developer on multiple WPE accounts (i.e. they signed up on my recommendation) I recently switched back to Local - from other Docker-based solutions because I can organize my development in a logical fashion (i.e. suits me)

I can only connect with one account at a time at the moment. It would be great if I could setup multiple connections with sites associated with each.

Reading the title of this feature request, it’s true that Local can’t connect to multiple WP Engine user accounts, but reading through the description of this topic, it seems like the end goal is to be able to see and interact with all the remote sites that you have directed your clients to create on WP Engine.

I think that this functionality (having access to multiple remote sites owned by others) is already present.

The general workflow would be:

1. You, the developer, create a new user on WPE hosting, using whatever email you’d like to use.

2. From there, direct your clients to add your email to a WPE site by following the steps outlined in this help doc:

3. From within Local, connect to your WPE account by following the steps outlined in this help doc:

From there, you should see all the remote sites on WPE where the site owner has added you to the site.

Can you let me know if that workflow does what you are expecting it to? If I’m missing something, I’d love to know more!

Thanks for the pointers - working my non-technical clients to enable the API access.

I’ll update the thread once I have a chance to test this.

We can close this request - if API access is enabled on the account - it will pull into Local without issues.

1 Like
Woohoo! Thanks for letting us know!

:larry:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.