'Connect' placeholder images are broken on WP Engine

Hi, new user here. After installing Local on Windows and connecting to WPE, I’ve got some broken images/icons next to the sites on the connect page:

Those images are hosted on the app.getflywheel.com – I wonder if the system is blocking access to those files?

Shared with CloudApp

I’m guessing that you’ve only connected to WPE – is that correct? I wonder if we’ve never encountered this because many of us also connect to Flywheel in addition to WPE.

Hi, thanks for the quick response! Yes, I am only connected to WPE. Any idea how I might go about unblocking those? I appreciate it’s only cosmetic - but I’ve had a real nightmare getting Local working on Windows 10, so was curious whether this was related…

Edit - FYI, I’ve tried this on a clean install in sandbox and the error still occurs. As for the other issues, I’ll start a new thread for those!

1 Like

I’m going to try replicating on my windows machine, but it’s been a while since I’ve turned it on and MS wants to update things :skull:

Thanks again for reporting this! I’ve replicated it on my end and will write up a bug report for our devs to take a look at!

Apologies for the late reply. This is brilliant, thanks very much for your help - much appreciated! I’m still having several issues with Local on Windows 10. I can pull sites successfully - but only when the app and site are both on my system drive, and the app is run as administrator. Then I can push databases, but not files… I’ll start another thread for these, but thought I’d give you a heads up!

Cheers!

That sounds really odd. I’m curious to learn more because I’ve never been required to run Local as an admin in order to get things done.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.