Error 404 After trying to restore from google drive backup

I’ve just lost access to my site after trying to restore from a google drive backup version created using the add-on. Getting a 404 error when trying to open WP Admin and 403 error when trying to view site.

Can someone help please…I’ve lost about 2 months worth of work!!!

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

Running windows 10

Local Logs

local-lightning.log (159.9 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hey @troyawood Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

Thanks for providing that Local log!

I’m seeing a line in there that looks like:

{"thread":"main","class":"Process","process":"nginx","level":"warn","message":"nginx: [emerg] CreateFile() \"C:/Users/enqui/AppData/Roaming/Local/run/router/nginx/conf/nginx.conf\" failed (2: The system cannot find the file specified)","timestamp":"2023-08-21T11:04:45.958Z"}

The path to that config file (...AppData/Roaming/Local/run/router/nginx...) is referring to Local’s router. It seems like maybe Local is having issues starting the router, which may be preventing the site from importing.

One option you might try is turning the Router off by navigating to “Settings > Advanced > Router Mode” and setting it to “localhost”

Once that’s applied, then try restoring the backup again and let us know how it goes. If you run into issues, can you provide an updated version of the Local log?

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me Ben. I did get around the issue by cloning rather than restoring from back-up.

Will keep your suggestion in mind if I need to restore at some stage in the future.

Troy

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.