Error while importing wordpress site from zip file created with Simply Static plugin

got below error msg while importing WordPress site from zip file created with Simply Static plugin

System Details

• version of Local is 6.0.0+5444

• Windows 10 Home Ver 21H1 build 19043.1083

• Attach the Local Log. local-lightning.log (54.7 KB)

I saw a fix in this forum for the same issue:-

The fix to get around those messages were to add this in your wp-config.php file, add it right under the table_prefix

ini_set('display_errors','Off');
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

but I don’t know how this is done. I just got the zip file through a plugin called Simply Static…
Can someone please help!

That error message, where it says Error: This does not seem to be a WordPress installation. is your hint. The Simply Static plugin (which I’ve never used), just by its name and this error, I assume creates a static copy of a WP site. That copy would not actually have WP at all, just the HTML of rendered pages. Local runs actual WP, and the zip files it expects are really the zip files it can create as site exports, as far as I know. Basically, I don’t think any zip created by a WP plugin would work. What I do to “move” live WP sites to Local is create a new site in Local, manually copy over the contents of wp-content, and then import a DB backup. Then use the WP-CLI to search and replace all URLs from the live site to the URL you gave the Local site. Once those are done edit the wp-config.php file with the correct table prefix, and whatever other edits you need.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.