Fail to install WordPress via newly installed Local

I had installed Local version 5.10.05, and I could not create WordPress website and I got error message very similar to the error message in another thread(1), I even tried the unzip stuff in the thread, but still it does not work. Also, I could not import my old sites build in old Local app. And all this happened on a Windows 10 Home desktop, attached is the Local log. Please help.

(1)

Failed to install wordpress on Local by Flywheel

local-lightning.log (144.7 KB)

You’re right that this seems similar to the linked topic. I’m seeing this within the Local log:

{"thread":"main","class":"wordpressinstaller","stack":"error: command failed: \"%%resourcespath%%\\lightning-services\\php-7.3.5+10\\bin\\win64\\php.exe\" \"%%resourcespath%%\\bin\\wp-cli\\wp-cli.phar\" --path=\"c:\\users\\user\\local sites\\20210611-le-rnd\\app\\public\" --require=\"%%resourcespath%%\\bin\\wp-cli\\local-wpcli-error-reporting.php\" --skip-plugins --skip-themes \"core\" \"install\" --url=http://20210611-le-rnd.local --title=\"20210611 le rnd\" --admin_user=20210611 le rnd --admin_password=[redacted] --admin_email=dev-email@flywheel.local\nerror: too many positional arguments: le rnd\n\n    at childprocess.exithandler (child_process.js:317:12)\n    at childprocess.emit (events.js:315:20)\n    at childprocess.eventemitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)\n    at maybeclose (internal/child_process.js:1048:16)\n    at process.childprocess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:288:5)","level":"error","message":"error installing wordpress","timestamp":"2021-06-11t11:31:38.713z"}

One of the possible solutions in the other thread was to ensure that there wasn’t a space within the admin password. Can you double check things and ensure that there aren’t any spaces within the password when creating a new site?

Hi there, I tried to followed your instruction and leaving no space to site name, admin, and password, this time, I can successfully create a new WordPress site ,and thanks for that. However, I still could not import my old site created by older Local, and attached is the screenshot of the error message, what can I do to fix it? Please help.2021-06-14_192121

Nice! I’m glad that got things working for you!

It’s hard to say what would be breaking without seeing the actual error. Can you please provide your Local Log? See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Hi there, thanks for your reply, attached is the Local’s log.

local-lightning.log (180.9 KB)

There are a bunch of MySQL errors that look something like this:

{
  "thread": "main",
  "class": "ImporterLocalExport",
  "stack": "Error: ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 4: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\"a:24:{s:22:\\\"hide_advanced_settings\\\";b:1;s:16:\\\"show_extra_icons\\\";b:0;s:11:\\\"' at line 126\n    at %%appPath%%\\main\\_helpers\\importSQLFile.js:1:2105\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at a (%%appPath%%\\main\\_helpers\\importSQLFile.js:1:132)\n    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)",
  "level": "error",
  "message": "Unable to import C:/Users/User/Local Sites/morethoughtsconsulting/app/sql/local.wp_mkj4zsk9pg_options.sql",
  "timestamp": "2021-06-14T11:20:52.815Z"
}
{
  "thread": "main",
  "class": "ImporterLocalExport",
  "stack": "Error: ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 2150: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\"a:2:{s:12:\\\"preview_type\\\";s:6:\\\"search\\\";s:19:\\\"preview_search_term\\\";s:6:\\\"\\x' at line 227\n    at %%appPath%%\\main\\_helpers\\importSQLFile.js:1:2105\n    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)\n    at a (%%appPath%%\\main\\_helpers\\importSQLFile.js:1:132)\n    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)",
  "level": "error",
  "message": "Unable to import C:/Users/User/Local Sites/morethoughtsconsulting/app/sql/local.wp_mkj4zsk9pg_postmeta.sql",
  "timestamp": "2021-06-14T11:20:53.661Z"
}

It appears that they basically repeat, and there are two unique ones (the ones I mention above). Here’s a more focused view of that error:

Error: ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 4: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\"a:24:{s:22:\\\"hide_advanced_settings\\\";b:1;s:16:\\\"show_extra_icons\\\";b:0;s:11:\\\"' at line 126\

Basically, it looks like there’s some sort of syntax error within the sql dump. You mention this site backup was created by an older version of Local. Do you remember what version of MySQL was used? I would recommend trying a different version of MySQL under the “Custom” environment when importing the site.

No, I don’t remember what version of MYSQO was used, I do remember I stopped using Local app since its malfunction that I reported back to Flywheel via Email dated on Jun 9, 2018, does this date will help to identify which version of MYSQL it might be?

That’s an old version of MySQL for sure, though I don’t know which one it would be. I recommend trying to import the site using MySQL 5.7.28 for starters:

If that doesn’t work, then you might have to unzip the backup and try manually fixing the sql file so that it is compatible with a newer version of MySQL.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.