How do I connect to my local website with my phone

Issue Summary

How do I connect to my local website with my phone? I tried inputting my ipv4 address to my phone and it puts out an error 404. Inputting the ipv4 address is the only method I have found so far that lets me connect to localwp.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    All
  • Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    Latest

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows 10
    iPhone 13 IOS 16

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @yash

Are you just trying to view the website on your phone that you built locally? Or are you trying to edit/change it via mobile?

Just view via mobile

Hi @yash If you want to view it on mobile you’ll have to enable the Live Links feature on your Local app, and then open the Live Link URL on your mobile device and use the Privacy Mode credentials to see it.

More details here:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.