Install Not Right: Unable to login as Admin etc,etc

Issue Summary

Issue1: I am unable to log in to Local Admin (I first got unrecognised password and now “Site cannot be reached”.) I am not sure why …

Issue 2: If I click Forgotten password to get a reset email, I get no email… no error messages on screen.

Issue 3: These issues are most likely firewall issues and definitely involve Windows Defender and Norton Antivirus. (Integration issue suspected…)

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

Probably all if I can get far enough to create more than one web site …

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? No because I cannot log in as Admin

Trouble Shooting So Far:

1. Uninstalled Norton Antivirus … problem continued, could not log in as Admin or send Forgotten password email
  2. Disabled Windows Defender. Could not log in as Admin or get Forgotten Password email. I did get error messages on screen pop ups saying Defender was preventing access was denied to nginx.exe and mailhog.exe. (How is this possible if Defender is disabled?)
  3. Checked the Windows Defender Event Log to find a shed load of different error messages
  4. Contacted Microsoft and Norton and sent round in circles with each saying it was the others’ fault …
  5. Concluded Firewall appears to be on when it should be off…

I would be grateful for any help I can get on this …to get Local running on my PC

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue.
If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them:

Dell Optiplex PC with Windows 10 and Norton 360 installed is the set up I am using. Screenshot now confusing initally for logon,it was password not recognised and is now the “Site Cannot be Reached”

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? Most recent 6+

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

Windows 10 with Norton 360 AV

• Attached the Local Log File and Windows Defender Event Log which will open Windows Event Viewer and a couple of unremarkable screen shots.
    Rename DefenderErrors.log to DefenderErros.evtx and load to PC…

DefenderErrors.log (1.1 MB)

local-lightning.log (101.3 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

local-lightning.log (101.3 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.