Live link error 404

Issue Summary

When I click on “Enable” close to Live Link I get the following errors in a window
« Uh-oh! Could not start Live Link.» and creating tunnel does not achieve

Troubleshooting Questions

How to resolve it ?

Replication

System Details

Error: GraphQL error: Variable “$requestInput” got invalid value {“generated”:false,“name”:{“subdomain”:“sable-caramel”,“basicAuthUsername”:“revenue”,“basicAuthPassword”:“telling”},“auth”:{“type”:“basic”,“credentials”:{“username”:“guitar”,“password”:“incredible”}}}; Expected type String at value.name; String cannot represent an array value: {“subdomain”:“sable-caramel”,“basicAuthUsername”:“revenue”,“basicAuthPassword”:“telling”}

at new ApolloError (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/apollo-client/bundle.umd.js:92:26)

at Object.next (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/apollo-client/bundle.umd.js:1296:31)

at notifySubscription (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/zen-observable/lib/Observable.js:135:18)

at onNotify (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/zen-observable/lib/Observable.js:179:3)

at SubscriptionObserver.next (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/zen-observable/lib/Observable.js:235:7)

at /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/apollo-client/bundle.umd.js:1101:36

at Set.forEach ()

at Object.next (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/apollo-client/bundle.umd.js:1100:21)

at notifySubscription (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/zen-observable/lib/Observable.js:135:18)

at onNotify (/Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/zen-observable/lib/Observable.js:179:3)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

1 Like

I’m running into this same error. It’s only happening on my multisite installs though - they are subdirectory, not subdomain. Any thoughts?

Hi @fredericm! I know it’s been a while but I’m curious if you’re still running into this error. I’ve seen this pop up recently from another user and was able to replicate it. The issue was toggling between different Local user accounts. If you use Live Links on one account and then switch to another account you won’t be able to enable it for the same site.

I don’t have a problem anymore, I don’t use it much. But the last time it worked well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.