Local 2.2.3 won't start on windows 10 pc

I had previously been using version 2.1.2. I created a new website in the Local dashboard panel. Shortly after that. My PC went into a blue screen, and I had to restart the pc.

When the PC rebooted and I tried opening Local, it did not work.

I installed the version 2.2.3. Local is still hanging on the “Starting local machine” screen.

local-by-flywheel.log (173.4 KB)

Can you please help

Hi @padora,

I’m very sorry for the trouble! Blue screens certainly aren’t fun.

I hate to ask an obvious question, but does your PC have over 1GB of free disk space?

HI @clay,

Thanks for your help,

I have more than 1 GB of free space on my PC.

I am also using Virtual Box by Oracle in conjunction with Local. It’s my first time using either Local or Virtual Box for local development. It was in a tutorial I am following. So, I’m not sure if Virtual Box has anything to do with the Local not opening properly.

One thing I have noticed is that I do not get a warning from my pc that “Virtual Box is still running” when I shut down my PC. Before, when Local was working, I would go through the Shut Down process, but I would get an alert box saying that Virtual Box was still running in the background and that would need to close first.

Hi clay, I am having the same problem like @padora has. Once I started Local, at the bottom of the Local’s window prompting “Starting Local Machine…”. It continues hanging…

I also not sure the relationship between Local and the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager that launches when Local is launched. Do you guys have procedure on how to set this up in a Windows 10 desktop machine? Thank you.

@Erieta,

Local uses VirtualBox to run Docker. Did you approve the VirtualBox pop-ups when Local was installing?

@clay, I am not sure. But how to solve the hanging of Local? Mine still showing the same as I mentioned above.

Im having the same trouble, I have just updated local and it is stuck in the startingscreen with 3 dots. Any outcome on a solution for this?

@Erieta @chcreativenz,

Sorry for the hang-up!

Can you both please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file? See
How do I retrieve Local’s log file?” for instructions on how to do so.