Local ne se lance plus

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Bonjour,

Depuis ce matin, Local ne se lance plus.

J’ai tous les sites de mes clients dessus et je suis désemparé. Je dois en livrer un en fin de semaine et il était quasiment terminé :frowning:

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: Windows 10 Pro

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-lightning-verbose.log (710.3 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Sorry that you encountered this, @Scots.

It looks like your sites.json (the file that Local uses to store site information) contains invalid characters. Please could you share it with me via a direct message? (Click my profile photo, then click “message”.)

On Windows you can find the file like this:

1. Open the Windows File Explorer.
  2. Make sure you have enabled “show hidden items”.
  3. Browse to This PC → [your hard drive] → Users → [your username] → AppData → Roaming → Local.
  4. Share the sites.json file (it might just appear as ‘sites’) without editing it.

Thanks for your replie, but I can’t see “Message” on your profile :frowning:

@Scots I just messaged you to start a conversation where you can share your sites.json.

I worked with @Scots via DM to solve this. Both their sites.json and sites-organization.json files were corrupt.

If Local will not start and you see lines such as %%userDataPath%%\\sites.json: Unexpected token… is not valid JSON in your Local logs, I’m documenting here how we got Local to start again and restore missing sites:

1. Quit Local if it’s running.
  2. Open the Windows File Explorer.
  3. Make sure you have enabled “show hidden items”.
  4. Browse to This PC → [your hard drive] → Users → [your username] → AppData → Roaming → Local.
  5. Rename the sites-organization.json file to sites-organization-old.json and sites.json to sites-old.json.
  6. Start Local.

Import the sites manually from their location on disk, which involves:

1. In Windows File Explorer, locate your Local sites here: PC → [your hard drive] → Users → [your username] → Local Sites.
  2. Right click each of your sites folders, and choose “Compress to ZIP file” to make a zip file from each site folder.
  3. Drag each zip file into Local to import it (you may have to give it a new name).
1 Like

still not opening. i rename the two files and try to open, but still have this same issue.

@razaizim I replied in your original thread at Localwp is not opeing after suddenly computer power off - #3 by nickc.