Local sites are running but won’t open in browser on Mac

I have two WordPress sites in Local, and neither site will open in my browser, even though Local shows the sites as running.

So far I have:

  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Local
  • Confirmed the issue happens with both sites, not just one
  • Tried localhost Router Mode
  • Changed Router Mode to Site domains, applied the change, and restarted the site
  • Tried opening the sites again with the same result
  • Checked the Local log and Local Router log
  • Confirmed MySQL starts and reports “ready for connections”
  • I’m not seeing an obvious fatal error in the router log

When I click Open Site, the browser still fails to load the page.

Since this is affecting all of my Local sites and persists in both Router Modes, what should I check next? Is there a specific router, hosts file, nginx, port, or macOS networking issue I should be looking for?

I don’t want to delete or recreate the existing sites because they contain work I need to preserve.

Hey @creativefluxmedia! What about if you use a different browser other than your default?

Are you able to change your network as well to see if that makes any difference?