One day it was all fine the next local was refusing my requests please help

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hello fellow Local Users, I was developing a site on Local and everything was great, I did not log in for two days, and now suddenly Local is refusing access. I tried Router Mode and it threw 502 errors, I checked on multiple browsers and it is refusing on all of them I tried a fresh install and that did not help. Any suggestions?

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @MMacOmber

If you create a new, blank site in Local can you access that okay? If you can, then you may want to try reimporting the site getting the errors. The steps would look like this:

• Locate the site files on your machine, and save a copy of them to your desktop. If you click Go to Site Folder under your site name it should take you right to where they are located.
  • Once you have those copied, completely delete the site from Local
  • Restart Local/your machine
  • Reimport the site back into Local. You can refer here on how to Restore from only Local site files

It gives me an unable to provision site message when I try to create a new site.

Did your Local go through an update to 8.2? I wonder if your Windows security created a new block after it was updated. Can you check any of your security or antivirus programs for blocks or permissions?

You could also try downgrading:

So I relaunched again after a restart and it provisioned a new site and I can open that one but when I look at the site I am trying to work on it does not show the WP version like all the others just the flashing dots for processing. I do not know if that is a symptom of the problem or not

If you’re still having trouble can you share a copy of your full Local Log here? There are some different ways to access and share Local Logs. For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering.

local-lightning-verbose0.log (1012.5 KB)

What I’m seeing in the log is an error like this: EPERM: operation not permitted

So you could start by checking this out:

I followed the instructions and the read-only box in hosts was not checked.

Now that you can open a new site without any issue, can you try re-importing the site you were working on previously with the steps here?

It will not allow me to make a copy or export the website I am trying to work on either

You don’t have to Start the site and export it. If you follow the steps you’ll actually just click on Go to Site Folder and copy the files manually to save them. Then you can bundle them up to re-import using the steps in the help article I shared.

Setting Local environment variables…

PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Failed opening required ‘C:/Users/Eatin/AppData/Local/Programs/Local/resources/extraResources/local-bootstrap.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear’) in Unknown on line 0
WP-CLI: Warning: Unknown: Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
WP-CLI: Fatal error: Failed opening required ‘C:/Users/Eatin/AppData/Local/Programs/Local/resources/extraResources/local-bootstrap.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear’) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Failed opening required ‘C:/Users/Eatin/AppData/Local/Programs/Local/resources/extraResources/local-bootstrap.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear’) in Unknown on line 0
Composer: Warning: Unknown: Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Composer: Fatal error: Failed opening required ‘C:/Users/Eatin/AppData/Local/Programs/Local/resources/extraResources/local-bootstrap.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear’) in Unknown on line 0
PHP: 8.1.23
MySQL: mysql Ver 8.0.16 for Win64 on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)

Loaded Shell for Local Site: FMB

Access is denied.
C:\Users\Eatin>

Is this from your log? Or where are you seeing these errors?

I tried to access the file to copy the site but it would not open, this was in the open site shell tab

Windows is giving me an error as if I do not have permission to open the folder to make the copy but the my login is the only login for the computer

It sounds like something on your machine is locking things down still which is likely the crux of the issue. Is this a personal computer or something issued by your employer? You may need to look at security settings and features to ensure you have full admin privileges and permissions. You could also try checking permissions on specific files and folders as well.

It is my personal machine, I will start trying to look at permissions

According to the logins I have all administrator permissions

Have you tried using the steps I’ve outlined here yet?

I’ve seen you mention trying to clone or Open Site Shell but what about just going to the Site Folder to get the files and copy them? Then you can delete the site and try re-importing it.