Unable to provision site - Special characters a problem?

What issue or error are you experiencing?

As I try to set up my Wordpress site in Local (for studies), I get an error when trying to add it. The error states “Unable to provision site” and a lengthy error text. Upon clicking OK, I am taken back to the startpage on the Local-software. I have a feeling it might be due to my name being Tor-Håkon (special character) and hence my User folder is named the same. Is somebody familiar with this issue? Due to soem setups I am unable to reformat my PC to change my username as of now.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Win11

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @thbergseng

It does indeed look to be a username issue with the special characters. I’m not sure if there is another workaround other than creating a new user. I found this as well but have not tested it myself:

Hi @Nick-B. I got an issue with local, tried to import sites I built on windows 11 on local and compressed the wp-content and mySQL file, so I could import it onto another laptop using linux. The local on my linux is not allowing me to import the sites.

Local Version: 7.2.1+6433

OS and OS version: Linux Mint 21.1

Unable to provision site
local-lightning.log (39.5 KB)

Please advise on this matter. Thanks

Are you able to create a new, blank site on your Linux Local version and access that okay?

If you can do that, then you could try a more manual import method with the steps below:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.