Can I use a SSL from Godaddy, Hostinger, or Bluehost for my website in LocalWP?

Issue Summary

_ I have created a self signed certificate in Mac’s Terminal yesterday but I didn’t know how to integrate it with my LocalWP website and it keeps on saying that my website is “not secure” so, I wanted to try an easier option of getting SSL Certificate using a third party service (Godaddy, Hostinger, or Bluehost)._

Troubleshooting Questions

• How can I connect a third party SSL certificate with my localWP website in mac?

• Does the SSL certificate from Godaddy, Hostinger, or Bluehost work with LocalWP website?

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• Local 6.5.2

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• MacOS Ventura

Thank you so much for your answers!

Hi there, @Jouv.ier - welcome to the Local community! :wave:

You won’t need to use an SSL from a third-party, because you’re building on your Local machine it wouldn’t exactly connect.

Have you looked at the troubleshooting steps for the SSL? Specifically, this help doc for MacOS:

I’d recommend starting there!

Sam

1 Like

Hello sam!

Thank you so much for your response.

I have tried using Brave and safari - it works!

But when I use firefox and chrome, it keeps saying “not secure”. I also have another question.

Is there any way to edit the SSL certificate and put my website’s details?

I have checked the certificate and all I have written is - super fake company. I am hoping to change it.

Is there any way to change the details???

Many thanks!

Hi @Jouv.ier -

Got it - have you seen this thread about the Firefox and Chrome issues?

Regarding your second question (company name) - do you have a screenshot of where you’re trying to update this? That would be very helpful!

Sam

Hello! I would like to show you a screenshot of my SSL certifiate. It contains my company name. I would like to know if it can be edited? I would like to replace the fake details on it.

As for the unsafe issue, it has been solved! Whenever I put my https, it directly goes to my website without any problems at all! I followed the instructions on your reply and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.